Saturday, November 10, 2012

November News



And we’re swinging into November! Can you believe it? Bonfire night is on us already! Bonfire Night celebrates the time that Guy Fawkes, “the only man to enter Parliament with good intentions” tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament with James I in it. He failed, but two hundred years later, the Palace of Westminster, where the government meets, was burned to the ground and the competition for a new building resulted in the building we know today.
Every year on November 5th, people celebrate by letting off fireworks, as many as possible. And the next day, the air stinks of burned gunpowder.
I’ve just got back from a visit to London, for pleasure and for research. It went well, and I got to see Sir John Soane’s house and Denis Severs’ house, two amazing places you must not miss if you ever go there.
And I had a new release, the one I told you about last month. “Unlaced,” with the yellow corset on the cover.
The second Nightstar book, "Born on the Bayou" is coming on December 7th. This is Jace's story, a half-French, half Louisiana man who grew up loving the blues and rock, and now has the chance to live his dream. Beverley, on the other hand, had to give up her dream through no fault of her own and is trying to find a new life. When they meet, they burn! Just look at that steaming hot cover!
I have plans for other books, too. I have a book almost ready to go up on Amazon, an adaptation of a book that originally came out years ago but that I have the rights back for. And I want to write some originals for that series, “Hosts to Ghosts.” The idea is that the children of vampires, whether they are vampires themselves or not, can see, converse and eliminate malignant ghosts. And there’s a company set up to film it, and record the results both for scientific research and for the TV.
And I’ve had another idea, which I’m still developing and I can’t tell you about. No, honestly, I can’t.
The RT Convention will be on us against soon, so I’m planning my annual trek across to the States. I was thinking of visiting DC this time, because I’m thinking of setting a few books there, some new STORM books about the political ramifications of the world accepting paranormal beings into their midst. But don’t worry, there’ll be sexy bodyguards as well!
For November, I’m going to do NaNoWriMo. I’m writing the story of Zazz, one of the British members of Murder City Ravens, the band in the Nightstar books. Zazz has a problem father, and ex jazz musician, still on methadone after a lifetime’s drug addiction. His lady is his father’s social worker Laura, who has played it safe all her life. Will she throw caution in the air and live her life uncompromisingly? Will she dare?
I’ve had a few people write to me asking when a new historical will come out. The truth is, I don’t know. I have one ready, bar a little polishing, but I just haven’t had time to deal with it yet. It’s the first in a new linked series, and I will probably end up dealing with it next year.
The publishing world is changing so much that it’s hard to keep up sometimes, but it does mean I have some great choices to make.
News just in: I’ve received an offer from Loose-Id for another book about the people who work for, or are connected, with Symbiotics Computers. For those of you who wanted the story of Mick O’Donnell, here’s your chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment