Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I've been tagged to answer ten questions about my new book, on the Next Big Thing blog hop. Scroll down to the bottom for links to others taking part!

What is the title of your book?
Born on the Bayou

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It's from a stonking song by Credence Clearwater Revival. My hero is half French, half Louisianan. Not a Cajun, precisely, but pretty close. If you've seen lanky, gorgeous Ed O'Brien from Radiohead on stage, he's a bit like that, only with tatts and a different style, but his dedication is just as concentrated.  He speaks through his guitar, and finds it hard to express himself, but when a prank he plays on the stuck-up manager of Great Oaks Plantation House goes wrong, he has to make amends. Turns out she's not that stuck up after all!

What genre does your book fall under?
Erotic contemporary romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Lord, I don’t know. My default isn’t an actor, it’s the gorgeous David Gandy, and he has that air of wicked that really works for Jace.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
You can’t turn back time, but sometimes your past catches up with you.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It’s going to be published by Ellora’s Cave as part of the Murder City Ravens series

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Two or three months. I always work on one book at a time, so apart from edits and promotion, it's pretty much solid.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I wrote a rock star series before, but that had paranormal elements, Pure Wildfire. I just love writing stories about rock bands. In my reprehensible youth, I hung around rock bands and learned a lot!

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Music, pure and simple. This time Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails and Massive Attack spoke to me the strongest. If you see Thom Yorke on stage, you know what I mean. The man opens his soul and shares it.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s part of the Nightstar series, and the first book, about saxophonist V is already out. It’s called In The Mood. There will be six stories in the series, and probably one linked story about the manager, since people are writing to me about him!

Check out these blogs, for more of The Next Big Thing!
cindyspencerpape.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.samcheever.com/
http://saintsandtrees.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/my-novel-in-progress/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment