Thursday, April 03, 2014

My writing process blog hop

Hi!
I've been tagged by the awesome Meredith Daniels, who writes m/m books to die for! I have to answer four questions, and then tag four more authors. So here goes!

*1) What are you working on?
The second in the series Even the Gods Make Love. This one is tentatively called Mad For Love and it's the story of Lord Stretton, otherwise known as Blaize or Bacchus. Blaize has several problems, not the least of which being if he stops drinking wine, he goes mad. Being the god of wine and madness, he has to cope with a woman who wants to drive him mad and take him out of the game. But Blaize has to defy her to win the woman he loves. 

*2) How does your work differ from others in the genre? 

Well for a start there are no vampires or shape-shifters in it! But I prefer not to compare what I do with other authors. Sondheim put it best in his song Move On from Sunday in the Park With George. 
"Anything you do
Let it come from you
Then it will be new
Give us more to see..."


I think that's a lovely description of the creative process.

 *3) Why do you write what you write?
I've always been interested in history, especially the eighteenth century. I suppose you could say that I fell in love with it early. I've been reading and researching the era pretty much all my life. But I have other interests too, and one of them is mythology. All my shape-shifters are mythical beasts, dragons and the like. 
But at the heart is people and their dilemmas. I'm fascinated in finding out why people what they do. Their reaction to a situation is often the difference between hero and villain. One will jump one way, one the other, but it's not always clear from the start which is which. 

*4) How does your writing process work?

I start with an idea. It might be a character or a scene. Then I work up a story, and make sure the characters have plenty to worry about. After that I start writing. I write from beginning to end, I don't write out of sequence, so I take the characters' journeys with them. 

Now you should look at Meredith's blog so you can see her answers!
http://meredithdanielsauthor.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment