Sunday, September 16, 2018

September musings

Goodness, so much of the year gone already! I had a birthday last month, so that was nice, kinda. I've never liked birthdays, though, I'd much prefer if people just sent a card and left it at that.
I've been working like crazy, on the new contemporary series for Tule, and for the brand new historical series from Kensington.
I love writing, but there are so many other things you have to do. I say I suck at marketing myself, but so many other writers say that, too. I have to just get on and do it. Then I find myself talking to the nicest people, and I know I'm mad not to talk more often. Like most writers I know, I'm not the most outgoing person in the world. Except in the books, that is!
I got a new cover for the last book in the Shaws series, Boundless (like Juliet - "My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep, the more I give to thee the more I have, for both are infinite" - le sigh). While it's not my favourite cover of all, it's still pretty, and that blue is to die for!
So, working. My new editor at Tule is amazing. She is pushing me to make the books the best they can be, and I love her for it. I don't have a release date yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
And I've been quietly making Richard and Rose go wide. So in a few weeks the whole series will be available from every outlet. That series has been through so much, so I've done a little history of the series in another post. Together with the covers, so you can see how they've changed over the years.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment