Tuesday, November 12, 2019

happy November!


What I've been doing...

Getting on for winter!


While the world churns in discontent and confusion, what better way to get away from it all with a good book?
I've been writing since I got back from the US, but I've also been reading. I couldn't settle to a romance novel, just couldn't find one I could get into, so I turned elsewhere. I've started reading the JR Robb In Death books from the beginning. I'd forgotten that Roarke used to smoke!
The books are great detective mysteries. With such a long series, there are bound to be some that work better than others, but they hold up so well. I'm only on book 7, and it's so good to know there are so many to come! I probably won't read them right through, but I'm enjoying them all over again
Writing, you say? Well, I'm finishing up the third book in the Daring Dersingham series, but it didn't go as well as I'd wanted. The main couple just refused to engage in the conflict I wanted them to. They kept being too reasonable!
So I've given them more to worry about. I'm still in love with the Dersingham triplets and their brother. Dragonblade contracted a trilogy, so there is still one sister whose story has to be told. I don't know if Dragonblade will want it yet, but if they don't, I'll write it anyway, because I can't leave poor Delphi out of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment