Thursday, October 01, 2020

New reads for October! And a bit of Frankie fun!

 Hello!

Frankie says hello, too!

image

I don't know about you, but my favourite way of escaping from this crazy world is by reading a good book. Or by writing one!

And routine, although my routine is a bit on the crazy side. I'm a night owl, so I start work late and finish early. I've always been that way, but this year, it's gone to extremes. I love dawn, and the quiet hours of the night. That's when the characters really speak to me.

When I was little we had no money but lots of books, because books, bought by the crate from auction houses, were good insulation.

Because I spent a lot of my childhood ill in bed, I worked my way through them. From Charles Dickens to Enid Blyton to Mickey Spillane, they were all fodder for my curious mind. And when I went back to school I was way advanced in reading and literature, but absolutely awful at maths.

That hasn't changed much.

Now I'm lucky enough to write all the time. The stories keep coming.


News for October

If you're into historical romance, there's lots of reading for you in this newsletter that I feature in.

Historical romance newsletter

And in November, I have a new release, the third (and for now, final) book in the Society for Single Ladies series. I've put a link below for you, and next month I'll put an extract and a full description.

I've also written a Christmas story from The Daring Dersinghams world. You can't go wrong with this anthology, and since I haven't read the other stories yet, you bet I'm going to get it!


My story, Past, Present, Future, is about Frederick, the brother of the hero of A Whisper of Treason. He comes home, at last, to claim the woman he loves. For three nights he will give her three gifts, symbolising what they've shared, what they have, and what they could have in the future. A castle in Scotland for Christmas, what's not to love!

Here's the link: O Night Divine

And the pretty cover! image


Out In November: Virginia And The Wolf

image

Virginia, Lady Dulverton, feels safer keeping the world at a distance. One man sees through her reserve to the woman beneath: the infamously rakish Francis, Earl of Wolverley. Now a widow, Virginia is wrangling with the terms of her late husband’s will. When she realizes Francis is in danger because of his connection to her, she feels compelled to help, regardless of the hazard to her own heart.

Francis has worked hard to strengthen his inheritance. But he’s also found time to play. Despite his many dalliances, his affections have never been involved. Those belong entirely to a woman he could never have. When he’s attacked in the street and told to leave Virginia alone, he decides to do exactly the opposite . . .

With the help of the Society for Single Ladies, they set out to discover who is targeting Virginia, and why. It’s a race that will lead to the Devonshire coast, a smuggling ring, and a love that, however perilous, is worth waging countless battles . . .


You can order the book here:

Apple : Amazon : Google Play : Kobo : Nook


Future Plans

Another series, for the new year. I'm planning an entry into The Lyon's Den series, which will probably start a new series, but this time, Regency set.

And a project I really can't say much about right now, but I am so excited about it! I want to tell people, but I can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment