Saturday, April 09, 2022

A new series!

 

image


News

First, I just want to say how much I appreciate you all. Really. Some of you have been reading my books for years, and you write to me. I read every letter, and I love hearing from you. It tells me I'm on the right (or wrong) track.

Let's start with the good stuff.

A New Trilogy

Dragonblade has contracted a new series. I'm so happy to tell you! It's about the Burrell sisters, who featured briefly in Lyon Eyes, The Lair Of The Burrells and On Christmas Day In The Morning.

Now, finally, it's their turn.

The stories start with The Only Honest Man In London. The Burrells arrive in London, very poor. They've scraped enough together to afford a house for the season, so they are going to take their chance. Viola Burrell, the eldest daughter, has a secret, a disability that is fairly knew, one she's still learning to cope with. But this is their one chance to find husbands, and the security that was never certain in the Regency era.

The Earl of Knowsley is attracted to the lovely Viola Burrell, but with the whole of society suspicious of these newcomers, he keeps his distance. Until the reckless acts of his childhood friend, the Duke of Whiston, pulls Viola into his vicinity, and he can't resist her any longer. But she isn't the wife he needs, just the one he wants. Badly.

And there's the lovely cover, above.

The first book is in for edits, and I'm waiting on the release dates.

Now for the not-so-good news.

I was so very excited to write the stories of Ash and Juliana, and their exploits catching criminals in Georgian London. Carina bought the books, and after the second book in November, I sent in a detailed proposal for two new books.

I've heard nothing since. So to be honest, you know as much as I do about them, and I'm sorry, because I've had enough letters to tell me that people want more of them. And as they came to life under my fingers, i really wanted to find out what happens next with them.

And the new stuff:

I've worked on proposals for two new series, both Regency, because the era, new to me, seems to have rekindled my writing mojo, which has been absent for so long. One is another detective series with a new premise for a new era, but strong on the romance, and the other is about a family damaged by their parents' behaviour. They have one chance to mend, and they're going to take it.

Let's see how they do!

I know, I hear you on self-publishing, and while I've had success with my backlist re-releases, I don't seem to be able to get the hang of stuff, especially the promotion. My heart isn't in it, and it turns writing into a chore. I'm still working on how to manage that.

Historical Romance Retreat.

I was scheduled to appear at the Historical Romance Retreat this October in San Diego, but unfortunately, I can't make it. I'm so sorry.

But if you go, have a great time, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment