Tuesday, September 04, 2012

September news

Hello, and welcome to autumn! Over here, it turned cooler at the end of August. Right on cue. The conkers are growing fast and next month we’ll have schoolchildren throwing sticks at the trees to get them down. It’s an old game and potentially dangerous, but maybe we need a little danger in our lives!
It’s also been the wettest summer for a hundred years. Inevitable really, given the hosepipe ban earlier in the year. All the Government has to do to end a drought is declare a hosepipe ban, and the skies open. I’m not complaining, though. I really don’t like it too hot. I love Texas, but I don’t think I’d survive the summers. Even in the lovely houses I had the privilege of staying in back in April.
It’s getting to be that time of year, and I need to start looking at airfares for the RT convention in May. Coming from the UK, it needs a bit more planning, but it’s so worth it. I’ve been appointed moderator for the RT Convention forum, which you’ll find here:
I’m also planning a few surprises with the owner of RT, Kathryn Falk. So watch this space!
I’ve also signed to write a Clandestine Classic. The series has hit a lot of places, and is all over the media, so I’m pleased to do it. While I can’t yet tell you which one I’m doing, I can say that it’s an amazing privilege to do it. I want to see how this writer ticks, dissect his work so I can see how he got the fantastic effects he did, and I was careful to choose a writer I’m pretty sure wouldn’t have objected to this.
The release of “Stripped Bare” from Loose-Id went swimmingly, and my rock stars just keep on selling. There are a few characters in that book that could find themselves featuring in books of their own—I’ve already received letters about them. Jim Goddard, the company geek genius, and Mick O’Donnell. I’ve put my mind to Mick’s book, because I can’t resist a bad boy!
The new series, “Nightstar” at Ellora’s Cave, is doing very nicely, thank you. I’ve written the next couple, featuring a half-French, half-Cajun hero, and a gorgeous Brit, and one character who features in this series is so strong I might have to give him a book of his own.
I just keep writing, that’s the thing. At the moment, I’m working on a novella, and after that, I’m plunging into my Clandestine Classic. It might not work. I’ve never done anything like this before, except for a few Georgette Heyer pastiches in my dim and distant past, but I’m looking forward to it.
I also built a conservatory for my doll’s house, but I don’t have any decent pictures yet. Taking pictures of miniatures is a real bear, so tricky, but I’ll see what I can do, then I’ll put them on the website.
So busy, but like a duck, all under the surface. I keep writing for The Good, The Bad and The Unread, so pop over there from time to time for comment and reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment